Instant Pot Steak and GravyCourse: dinner
4 cube steaks (about 6 oz each)
Salt and pepper
2 T olive oil
1 onion, cut in half
14 oz. can beef broth
1 oz. packet Onion Soup Mix
10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- Season steaks evenly with salt and pepper.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute, and add the oil. Sear the steaks on each side, about 2 minutes each and set aside. We had to do this in two batches.
- Then add Garlic Butter and onions. Allow onions to saute for 3 minutes, then pour beef broth into the pot. Stir it around to loosen any bits on the bottom of the pot. Then place steaks back into the pot on top of the onions.
- Add onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup.
- Place lid on the pot and set steam release to the sealing position.
- Set on High Pressure for 20 minutes.
- Let it sit 5 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- Serve steaks with onions and gravy.