The holiday season is a season of baking. And what a great time of year it is! There are many baked goods that you and your whole family can enjoy, and these Holiday M&M Cookie Bars will be at the top of the list.
A cookie bar is the same as a cookie, but much easier to make. Cookies can be time consuming, because they have to be done in batches. But if you took all that cookie dough and baked it at once in a baking dish, then cut it into squares, you’d make those cookies into bars! And that’s what we’ve done.
Let’s talk through the recipe.
Vanilla Bean Honey Butter
This recipe is very similar to a normal cookie dough, with a few differences. We start with our delicious Vanilla Bean Honey Butter. It has real vanilla beans in it, which give an amazing flavor. The honey adds a subtle sweetness as well.
Cream that Vanilla Butter with brown sugar and an egg. Then come the dry ingredients: flour and salt. Notice the lack of a raising agent (baking soda). That means these are a little more dense than a cookie, but that makes them extra chewy!
Then comes the M&Ms!
M&Ms are everyone’s favorite chocolate candy. And in this recipe, the chocolate compliments the vanilla cookie dough really well. We decided to be festive and use holiday colors — the red and green is fun!
Your whole family will love these! They’re perfect for any holiday occasion!
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup Fresh Churned Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 oz package Christmas M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream brown sugar, Honey Butter, and eggs until smooth. Add flour and salt and mix until combined. Add M&Ms and stir in with a wooden spoon.
- Press cookie dough into a greased and line 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350° F for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, then cut into 16 squares.