There’s nothing better than a fresh vegetable salad. Simply put, a salad is a mixture of bite size foods (usually fruits or vegetables). Most vegetable salads are served with a dressing. Our Grilled Vegetable Salad uses fresh, in-season produce, grilled for maximum flavor, and tossed in a zesty homemade vinaigrette.
This recipe is easy to make — the hardest thing is cutting the vegetables! But let’s talk through it anyway.
The recipe calls for the following veggies: corn, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, red bell peppers, and red onions. Feel free to leave an ingredient out if you don’t care for it; or add another of your favorite vegetables in.
We found it best to cut the vegetables into manageable sizes for the grill, then cut them into bite size pieces afterwards. For example: remove the stem and seeds from the red bell peppers, then cut them into sections. This allows you to grill and flavor both sides. Follow the recipe or see our photos for inspiration.
All of these fresh vegetable go straight onto the grill, where you’ll brush them with our Fresh Churned Garlic Butter. Baste every time you flip for maximum flavor. Also, don’t forget salt and pepper! Remember that all the vegetables will cook at different speeds. Zucchini and yellow squash cook quickly; corn and onions cook slowly.
Once your vegetables are off the grill, cut them into bite size pieces, and throw them into a bowl. Next, we’ll make a vinaigrette to toss the grilled veggies in. It’s a simple recipe: olive oil, lemon juice, some fresh herbs, and a smidgen Dijon mustard. It’s tangy and zesty.
Also add some fresh tomatoes and a little bit of cheese, then: voila! Your Grilled Vegetable Salad is served.
Grilled Vegetable SaladCourse: Sides, Salads, Dinner
4 medium ears sweet corn, husk removed
4 small to medium yellow squash, ends trimmed, quartered lengthwise
2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, quartered lengthwise
2 large red bell peppers, stems and seeds removed, cut into section
1 large red onion, ends and skin removed, sliced into 3 to 4 large rings
1 lb. asparagus, tough ends snapped off
6 oz Fresh Churned Garlic Butter, melted
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup fresh lemon juice
⅓ cup olive oil
½ T fresh thyme
¼ T fresh rosemary
1 T Dijon mustard
1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
4 oz. Parmesan cheese shavings
- Preheat grill to around 400° F.
- Place corn, squash, zucchini, bell peppers, red onion rings, and asparagus on the grill. Brush with Garlic Butter. Cook, flipping onto all sides and basting with Garlic Butter, until veggies are done (each vegetable will cook at a different speed, so pull each off the grill as it is finished).
- Salt and pepper grilled vegetables, to taste.
- Cut vegetables into bite size pieces, and remove corn kernels from the cob. Place into a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking together lemon juice, olive oil, fresh herbs, and Dijon mustard. Pour over the vegetables.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cheese, then toss.