Gerrard’s Seafood Extravaganza (Gumbo)Course: Dinner
2 containers of Chef Shamy’s Crab or Lobster Bisque
8 large scallops cut into chunks or an equivalent amount of bay scallops (so you don’t have to cut them up)
2 Alaskan King Crab legs
2 handfuls of cooked medium, tail off shrimp
2 Andouille Cajun Sausages
3 big cloves garlic smashed with a garlic press
½ green pepper chopped
½ yellow pepper chopped
½ red pepper chopped
2 bay leaves
- Take the meat out of the crab legs and break into small bite size chunks.
- Cook the sausages in a skillet or on the grill and cut into chunks. I usually split the sausage lengthwise and then cut into half moon pieces.
- Put Chef Shamy’s Bisque in a large pot on medium heat combined with the peppers, bay leaves, sausage, crab meat and shrimp.
- In another skillet melt the butter, add the garlic and sauté until lightly brown. Add the scallops and sauté until barely cooked.
- Add the entire contents of the skillet to the mixture in the pot. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Season with the Cayenne pepper and Cajun Seasoning to taste.
- Simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with a good crunchy bread to mop up the sauce. I usually use a large round sourdough.