Cinnamon Upside Down Pineapple CakeCourse: Dessert, Sweets
¼ cup Fresh Churned Cinnamon Honey Butter, melted
½ cup packed light brown sugar
6-8 slices canned pineapple
1⅔ cups sifted all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup Fresh Churned Cinnamon Honey Butter, melted
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup milk*
¼ cup pineapple juice (reserved from the canned pineapple or use fresh)
½ T vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Pour 1/4 cup melted Cinnamon Honey Butter into the bottom of a greased 9 inch cake pan (make sure it’s a deep pan). Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the butter. Arrange pineapple slices on the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix melted Cinnamon Honey Butter with sugars.Then whisk in egg, sour cream, milk, pineapple juice, and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Pour cake batter on top of the pineapple slices. Level with a spoon, then bake at 350° F for 40-45 minutes, or until done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert cake pan on a cake stand or plate. Allow to cool completely and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Get a Free Cookbook and receive regular updates about Chef Shamy Butter!