Cinnamon Upside Down Pineapple Cake
Author: Chef Shamy
- ¼ cup Fresh Churned Cinnamon Honey Butter, melted
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 6-8 slices canned pineapple
- 1⅔ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Fresh Churned Cinnamon Honey Butter, melted
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk*
- ¼ cup pineapple juice (reserved from the canned pineapple or use fresh)
- ½ T vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Pour ¼ cup melted Cinnamon Honey Butter into the bottom of a greased 9 inch cake pan (make sure it's a deep pan). Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the butter. Arrange pineapple slices on the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix melted Cinnamon Honey Butter with sugars.Then whisk in egg, sour cream, milk, pineapple juice, and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Pour cake batter on top of the pineapple slices. Level with a spoon, then bake at 350° F for 40-45 minutes, or until done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert cake pan on a cake stand or plate. Allow to cool completely and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.