Cinnamon Apple Pork ChopsCourse: Dinner
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 oz. pancetta
2 apples, peeled (optional), cored and thinly sliced
1 large white onion, halved and thinly sliced
Pinch ground cayenne pepper
⅔ cup apple juice
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta until crispy. Remove from the pan, but leave the grease.
- Sear pork chops on high heat in pancetta fat, about 1-2 minutes, each side. Transfer to a plate a set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium and melt Cinnamon Honey Butter in the pan. Add apples and onions, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the cayenne, apple cider, and heavy cream. Add pork chops back into the liquid, nestling them into the apples.
- Continue to cook until pork chops are done. Internal temperature should be between 145° F and 160° F.
- Sprinkle pancetta on top, and serve.