Chef Shamy Italian Cheese BreadCourse: Sides
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 T quick-rise yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
1 T canola oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Chef Shamy Garlic Butter, melted
½ tsp Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour with the yeast, sugar, and salt. Slowly mix in water and oil, then add enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Knead 2-3 minutes, then place in an oiled bowl and cover.
- Set aside to let rise for 20-30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place dough in a greased 8×8 baking pan. Press, spreading dough out to fill the whole pan. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush with melted Garlic Butter, to taste, and add Italian seasoning. Allow to cool 5 minutes before lifting bread out of pan and slicing.