Berry Parfait Cups
One of my favorite things about summer is the fresh fruit. Especially berries. I love it all– blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries — everything. And our new Berry Parfait Cups make great use of all the fresh berries summer has to offer. It’s a parfait in a cup– oat and honey “cups” filled with yogurt and macerated berries. Delicious!
Let’s talk about it.
We start with the granola: oats, pecans, honey, and our Fresh Churned Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter. The Cinnamon Honey Butter adds a great punch of cinnamon sweetness to the oats and nuts.
Press that mixture into the wells of a muffin tin. Make a little hole in the middle to form a cup shape. Bake in the oven until crispy.
Yogurt and Fruit
Add a dollop of yogurt ( we used Greek honey vanilla) into the middle, then top with berries.
Before you do, toss your berries into some sugar and add a little fresh mint. The mint adds a great herby flavor to the sweet berries. Use whatever berries you have! We used blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
Eat these for breakfast, dessert, or a snack– just don’t fill them until you’re ready to eat. The longer the yogurt sits in the cup, the less crispy the cup will become.
Berry Parfait CupsCourse: Dessert, Snack, Appetizers
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
2 T honey
3 T Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, melted
Pinch of salt
2-3 cups berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)
2 tsp sugar
3 leaves fresh mint, chopped
1½ cups vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together oats, pecan, honey, melted Cinnamon Honey Butter, and salt.
- Press mixture into the wells of a well greased muffin tin. Shape into a cup, with a dip in the middle.
- Bake at 350° F for 15-20 minutes, or until edges are crisp.
- Allow to cool completely, then remove from the tin.
- Meanwhile, toss berries in sugar and fresh mint. Allow to sit 15-20 minutes.
- Put a dollop of yogurt into each cup, then top with berries.
- Serve immediately.