Pressure Cooker Pot Roast with Potatoes and CarrotsCourse: dinner
3-5 lb. Sam’s Club Beef Chuck Roast
2 T cooking oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 lb baby yellow potatoes
4 carrots, chopped into large chunks
1 large yellow onion, quartered
4 cups Member’s Mark Beef Broth
2 T Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup water
2 T cornstarch
- Set Pressure Cooker to “SAUTE.”
- Stir together salt, pepper, and paprika. Season roast with mixture, rubbing it gently into the meat.
- Pour oil in the bottom of the Pressure Cooker, then sear each side of the roast, cooking 2-3 minutes each.
- Add onions, beef broth, Worcestershire, and Garlic Butter. Place lid on pot and turn to locked position. Set time (on Manual) for 80-100 minutes.
- When done, release pressure.
- Add potatoes and carrots, then cook again for 10 minutes.
- Release pressure.
- Remove meat, potatoes, carrots, and onions.
- Stir together water and cornstarch, then add to the liquid, and set to “SOUP.” Cook until broth has thickened into a gravy.
Get a Free Cookbook and receive regular updates about Chef Shamy Butter!