There are many ways to cook broccoli. Boil, steam, roast, saute. You can eat broccoli raw– you don’t even have to cook it to enjoy it. But one of my favorite ways to enjoy this nutritious vegetable is our Lemon Herb Roasted Broccoli. It’s delicious. The green leafy tops soak up all that lemon herb flavor, and roasting broccoli in the oven gets a little caramelization without overcooking. Yum!
This is an easy one, but let’s talk in a little more detail.
Cut your broccoli into florets, or buy a bag of pre-cut florets and put them on a baking sheet. Brush them liberally with some of our Fresh Churned Lemon Herb Butter, melted. This stuff is so good! It’s got a nice punch of lemon to compliment the herbs.
Make sure you get some on each piece of broccoli. Roast it in the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on how much you like broccoli cooked. I like mine to still have the slightest bite to it.
Don’t forget to taste and add salt and pepper if needed!
It can be tempting to throw away broccoli stems. We like the florets better, and so we cut them off the stems and toss them. They’re inedible due to their fibrous outer layer, which makes them hard to chew.
But don’t throw them out! Take a few extra minutes to simply peel the outer layer of skin off the stems with a vegetable peeler. Then slice them up and the stems are perfectly delicious. Not only will you not be wasteful, you’ll have more food! More bang for your buck!
- 2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
- 3 oz Fresh Churned Lemon Herb Butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Arrange broccoli florets into a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Brush broccoli with melted Lemon Herb Butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake at 400° F for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with lemon zest, and serve.