Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
Author: Chef Shamy
- 16 oz. rigatoni pasta
- 4 T Chef Shamy Garlic Butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 T fresh sage leaves, chopped
- ½ cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt Garlic Butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute 3-5 minutes, until soft. Add sage, pine nuts (if using), lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, cheese, heavy cream, and nutmeg until fully combined. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add cooked noodles to the sauce, and toss to coat. Garnish with additional sage and cheese, if desired.