Our Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Gratin is a perfect side dish for any occasion. It’s delicious, easy to make, and can be keto with a minor adjustment!
A gratin is a dish with a lightly browned crust that’s either made of cheese or breadcrumbs! In this case, we have both! And if you’re keto, just omit the breadcrumbs, and you have a cheese gratin instead!
Let’s talk through the recipe.
Brussels Sprouts are a polarizing food. People either love them or hate them. This recipe is bound to convert to any Brussels Sprouts haters.
The key is to remove the stems and cut them in half. If you don’t, they’ll taste of sulfur. The other key is not to overcook them, or they’ll be mushy.
Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Start by sautéing the Brussels Sprouts quickly in some of our Fresh Churned Garlic Butter. Add some cream, cheese (white cheddar and Parmesan) and breadcrumbs! Then it goes into the oven to bake. It’s that easy!
Don’t forget, you can omit the breadcrumbs to make this recipe keto!
- 3 T Fresh Churned Garlic Butter
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, stems removed and cut in half
- Salt and pepper. to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated white cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Melt Garlic Butter in an oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels Sprouts and toss to coat with butter. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Saute 5 minutes. Pour heavy cream into the pan, then top with white cheddar, Parmesan, and breadcrumbs if using.
- Bake at 400° F for 15-20 minutes, or until Brussels Sprouts are cooked.