- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water with ⅛ tsp sugar and let sit.
- In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Make sure you keep the mixture moving rapidly when you add the egg so that you don't cook them on the scalded milk.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth, then add the yeast mixture.
- Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm spot until it has doubled in size (usually 1 to 1½ hours).
- When doubled, punch down the dough. Roll it out onto a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread room temperature butter onto the dough. Then, add the orange zest evenly.
- Beginning at the longer side and roll up the dough and pinch the edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices. (I find unflavored dental floss is the easiest way to cut it by placing it underneath and then pulling the floss around the dough in opposite directions.)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray the baking pan or butter it and place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled (about 45 minutes). Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and while still hot, top with Chef Shamy Buttercream Frosting.
Save Print Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Author: Chef Shamy Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 15 mins Serves: 18 Ingredients 1½ cups all-purpose flour 3 T sugar 2 tsp baking powder ¼ tsp baking soda ½ tsp salt 1 cup milk ½ cup ricotta cheese 3 large eggs 4 T Fresh Churned Vanilla …Read More »
Save Print Brazilian Cheese Bread Calzone Author: Chef Shamy Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves: 3 Ingredients 12 balls Gusto Brazilian Cheese Bread, thawed ¾ cup mozzarella cheese 12 slices pepperoni 3 T Chef Shamy Garlic Butter Marinara sauce, for dipping Instructions Preheat oven to 425° F. Roll 4 …Read More »