- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water with ⅛ tsp sugar and let sit.
- In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Make sure you keep the mixture moving rapidly when you add the egg so that you don't cook them on the scalded milk.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth, then add the yeast mixture.
- Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm spot until it has doubled in size (usually 1 to 1½ hours).
- When doubled, punch down the dough. Roll it out onto a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread room temperature butter onto the dough. Then, add the orange zest evenly.
- Beginning at the longer side and roll up the dough and pinch the edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices. (I find unflavored dental floss is the easiest way to cut it by placing it underneath and then pulling the floss around the dough in opposite directions.)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray the baking pan or butter it and place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled (about 45 minutes). Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and while still hot, top with Chef Shamy Buttercream Frosting.
Pasta Dishes One of my absolute favorite foods is pasta. It’s so versatile– so many things you can do with it and so many flavors it can take on. Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta is now one of my mew go-to pasta recipes, not only because it’s super easy to make, but also because it’s got …Read More »
Popcorn We love popcorn here at Chef Shamy. And this Strawberry Popcorn is no exception! It’s delicious and fruity– a perfect snack for a hot summer’s day! We’ve already experimented with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Popcorn using Chef Shamy Cinnamon Butter. (If you haven’t tried it, please do!) Using Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter is a …Read More »